Friday, October 09, 2009

Excuse Me?!?! He Won What?!? For What Exactly?!?

So, my normal morning is to get up around 5:30am, take the dogs out, get some coffee going, and then take a look at the headlines before the family gets up and moving. But last night, Lia, our Border Collie, had to go out around 2AM...in the rain...and the cold. That brought on a wheezy asthma attack for yours truly, and so I slept in until almost 7:30. Rushed around, got in the car, and didn't turn on the radio until I was well down the road...and almost ran in to a ditch when I heard who "won" the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm embarrassed, to tell you the truth. I'm embarrassed for my country, and embarrassed for Obama. It's like  winning a spelling bee in grade school because all the smart kids were home sick with the flu, or worse, because you're the teacher's pet. Yuck. That's all I can really say. Just yuck.

No comments: